1. The number of moles of KmnO4 that will be needed to react with one mole of
sulphite ion in acidic solution is
(A) 2/5 (B) 3/5 (C) 4/5 (D) 1
2. Which of the following compounds has sp2 hybridization?
(A) CO2 (B) SO2
(C) N2O (D) CrO(O2)
3. Ammonium dichromate is used in some fireworks. The green coloured
powder blown in the air is
(A) CrO3 (B) Cr2O3 (C) Cr (D) CO
4. Which one of the following species is not a pseudohalide?
(A) CNO– (B) RCOO– (C) OCN– (D) NNN–
5. How many optically active stereoisomers are possible for butane-2, 3-diol?
(A) 1 (B) 2
(C) 3 (D) 4