1. A cell, Ag | Ag+ || Cu2+ | Cu, initially contains 1 M Ag+ and 1 M Cu2+ ions. Calculate the change in the cell potential after the passage of 9.65 A of current for 1 h.
2. The solubility of Pb(OH)2 in water is 6.7 × 10-6 M. Calculate the solubility of Pb(OH)2 in a buffer solution of pH = 8.
3. Estimate the average S–F bond energy in SF6. The values F standard enthalpy of formation of SF6(g), S(g) and F(g) are : 1100, 275 and 80 kJ mol–1 respectively.
4. The rate constant for an isomerisation reaction, A --> B is 4.5 × 10-3 min. If the initial concentration of A is 1 M, calculate the rate of the reaction after 1 h.
5. A metal crystallizes into two cubic phases, face centered cubic (FCC) and body centered cubic (BCC), whose unit cell lengths are 3.5 and 3.0 A, respectively. Calculate the ratio of densities of FCC and BCC.
Source 1999 JEE