1. Which of the following, has the most acidic hydrogen:
(A) 3–hexanone (B) 2, 4-hexanedione
(C) 2, 5-hexanedione (D) 2, 3-hexanedione
2. Benzoyl chloride is prepared from benzoic acid by:
(A) Cl2, hv (B) SO2Cl2
(C) SOCl2 (D) Cl2, H2O
3. Electrolytic reduction of alumina to aluminium by Hall-Heroult process is carried out:
(A) in the presence of NaCl.
(B) in the presence of fluorite.
(C) in the presence of cryolite which forms a melt with lower melting temperature.
(D) in the presence of cryolite which forms a melt with higher melting temperature.
4. The hybridization of atomic orbitals of nitrogen in NO2+, NO3- and NH4+ are:
(A) sp, sp3 and sp2 respectively (B) sp, sp2 and sp3 respectively
(C) sp2, sp and sp3 respectively (D) sp2, sp3 and sp respectively
5. Amongst H2O, H2S, H2Se and H2Te, the one with the highest boiling point is:
(A) H2O because of hydrogen bonding
(B) H2Te because of higher molecular weight
(C) H2S because of hydrogen bonding
(D) H2Se because of lower molecular weight